- 13 Ara 2020
- there are 4 seasons in a year;
SUMMER (yaz) / AUTUMN-FALL (sonbahar) / WINTER (kış) / SPRING (ilkbahar)
- there are 12 months in a year;
- JANUARY (ocak) - JULY (temmuz)
- FEBRUARY (şubat) - AUGUST (ağustos)
- MARCH (mart) - SEPTEMBER (eylül)
- APRIL (nisan) - OCTOBER (ekim)
- MAY (mayıs) - NOVEMBER (kasım)
- JUNE (haziran) - DECEMBER (aralık)
- there are 3 months in a season;
Summer months : june, july, august
Autumn /Fall months : september, october, november
Winter months : december, january, february
Spring months : march, april, may
- there are 4 weeks in a month
- there are 7 days in a week;
- Monday (Pazartesi) - Saturday (Cumartesi)
- Tuesday (Salı) - Sunday (Pazar)
- Wednesday (Çarşamba)
- Thursday (Perşembe)
- Friday (Cuma)
- there are 24 hours in a day;
It is four O’CLOCK------ 04.00
It is HALF PAST four.------ 04.30
It is QUARTER PAST four.------ 04.15
It is QUARTER TO four.------ 03.45
It is sixteen PAST four.------ 04.16
It is ten TO four.------ 03.50
- Ordinal numbers (sıra sayılar);
1st---First 6th---Sixth 20th---Twentieth
2nd---Second 7th---Seventh 21st---Twenty-first
3rd---Third 8th---Eighth 30th---Thirtieth
4th---Fourth 9th---Ninth 32nd---Thirty-second
5th---Fifth 10th---Tenth 50th---Fiftieth
Monday is the first day of the week.
Tuesday is the second day of the week.
Wednesday is the third day of the week.
Thursday is the fourth day of the week.
Friday is the fifth day of the week.
Saturday is the sixth day of the week.
Sunday is the seventh day of the week.
What is the first day of the week? (haftanın birinci günü hangisidir?)
- Günlerden önce “ON” kullanılır.
on Sunday on Monday morning
on Wednesday on Christmas Day
on the 1st of May on New Year’s Day
on weekdays on the 4th of July
- Saatlerden önce “AT” kullanılır.
at 2 o’clock at 6.30 at midnight
at lunch time at night at noon
at Christmas at the weekend
- Aylardan, mevsimlerden ve yıllardan önce “IN” kullanılır.
in April in 1985 in the spring
in May in 1998 in the autumn
in the morning in the evening in the 20th century
- Yılların okunuşları;
1998- Nineteen ninety-eight
1900- Nineteen hundred
1906- Nineteen oh six
2000- Two thousand
2002- Two thousand and two
- What kind of clothes do people in the summer? (insanlar yazın ne tür kıyafetler giyer?)
People wear T-SHIRT (tişört), SHORT (şort), DRESS (elbise), SKIRT (etek), SHORT SLEEVED S SHIRT (kısa kollu gömlek), SANDALS (sandalet), HAT (şapka), SUN GLASSES (güneş gözlüğü)
- What kind of clothes do people in the autumn and spring? (insanlar sonbaharda ve
ilkbaharda ne tür kıyafetler giyer?)
People wear RAINCOAT (yağmurluk), LONG SLEEVED SHIRT (uzun kollu gömlek), TROUSERS
(pantolon), SHOES (ayakkabı), UMBRELLA (şemsiye).
- What kind of clothes do people in the winter? (insanlar kışın ne tür kıyafetler giyer?)
People wear PULLOVER (kazak), SWEATER (süveter), GLOVES (eldiven), SCARF (atkı),
E.L. Teacher: T. AYBİKE KARAKAYA